Monday, October 18, 2010

Eating Solids and my Bumbo


Finally the day came, it was time for me to be introduced to the amazing world of solid food. I have been on formula and breast milk for 6 months now, and it is time for me to get more adventurous. 


The first thing I tried is rice cereal, mixed up with a little formula, made a bit runny for the first time. I was put into my Bumbo ( more on that later ) and mom stuck a spoon in my mouth with the cereal on it.  It was so tasty, I loved it, swallowed it right down and opened my mouth for more. I was quite a messy experience, and I have to wear a bib, or my clothes get very dirty.


I am now eating cereal with apple or pear for breakfast, and for dinner I have either butternut, sweet potato, carrots and am moving onto green veggies this week. Soon I will have chicken, meat, fish and by 8 months will be eating everything, in moderation of course. 


My Bumbo that you see me sitting in is a fantastic invention, made right here in South Africa and popular around the world, it helps me learn how to sit, and is very comfortable. It is a one piece molded foam / rubber unit and it is really a cool seat, I hope I dont out grow it to fast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment